October 18, 2011

25 Years

Me and Oprah Winfrey have something in common.  We both completed 25 years of service.  Of course, she has made more money than me, but 25 years of anything is a lot of time and dedication to doing the same thing over and over.

I believe it was Einstein who said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different".  Well, I never expected to be at the same job for 25 years, but I did it and it was, at times, insanity.  Still, I am grateful.


Everyone knows where the 'blue box' comes from (Tiffany & Co.), and I was sure glad to get my box. It means that I earned my car, my house, and my yarn/fiber stash, and all of my lovely spinning wheels.  It means I earned what I needed to get me where I am.


It also means that if I put my mind to a thing, I can stick it out in both good times and bad.  It makes me appreciate more than I can say that I kept a job when lots of other folks did not.  I am so grateful.


Yes, hard work pays off.  So does dedication.  And well, the recognition is icing on the cake.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are so right. I'm so lucky that you stayed in your job for 25 years because had you not, we would have never met! And I left you for a brief year, but came back. And now we're friends for life!! Enjoy the clock and all the fun stuff that comes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! I like your new alarm clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome. We only get a certificate at my job lol.

    ReplyDelete