September 19, 2014

There And Back

I said I would be back, and here I am - again.  Who knew that the end of summer would be such a busy time for me!  I took a short trip to San Diego, CA for my niece's wedding.

The lovely Lita married the handsome Leandro, and it was a very festive wedding.  Too bad I couldn't find my stupid camera and had to use my cell phone:

So here's a few crappy snapshots.

The newly married Lita and Leandro (yes, he's wearing tennis shoes and yes, her hair is brown, blonde and red, but they're young and unconventional);


The first dance.  Leandro called Lita his soul mate and team partner, that he wouldn't be anywhere without her.  It was so sweet!


The cake topper, which I found interesting, but I'm too old to appreciate:


The parents of the bride, Joe, Lita, Leandro and Jeannie:


And just the siblings, Cyndy, Joe and me:


I'm happy to say that my brother, is doing well and in good spirits.  He moves a little slower (don't we all?), but he has the same sense of humor and as much vigor, not to mention inner strength, as he's always had.   I pray he goes into remission and stays there so we can all grow old together.

When the wedding was all over and done with, we all went our separate ways, Cyndy, Greg and family (three sons, Joe, Dan and Ed) went back to Seneca Falls, I came home to the Bronx and Lita and Leandro went back to Colorado.

We danced and sang and did all the things we could pack in to a family reunion, such as it was, but my best memory, aside from seeing Joe in good spirits, is this:


The happy reunion in California was happy and that's what I want to remember forever.

1 comment:

  1. Your editors are great! all the articles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete