June 25, 2014

Moms With Yarn - Episode 6

Happy Summertime!



Finished Objects:

Tracey:
Tiny Tea Leaves Cardi by Melissa LaBarre.  This is the first of two sweaters for each of her daughters, this size 8 is for her middle child.  Just needs two buttons and to have the ends woven in.  Good thing she had the notion to make a larger size when she started - two years ago!

Sharon:
Monkey Socks by Cookie A.  I made them for myself using my pink Susan Bates needles, because pink = US #2.  As it turns out, they're pink, alright, but they're US #1 and as a result, the socks don't fit.  Luckily, they have a home to go to.
It also means that I'll have to make another pair.

Lonely Skein by Diana Rozenshteyn.  Made with US #6 needles and mystery yarn. This pattern is too pretty to make with yarn I didn't enjoy, so I'll make another with yarn I spun myself.


Works in Progress:

Tracey:
Tiny Tea Leaves Cardi by Melissa LaBarre, size 6, for her youngest child.

Skyp Rib Socks by Adrienne Ku.  One done, one to go and Tracey isn't feeling the love!  She needs suggestions for sock patterns - so feel free to leave your non-cable sock suggestions for Tracey in the episode thread of our Ravelry forum Moms With Yarn.

And while you're offering up your suggestions: why not join the group?  That's where you can get details about our upcoming KAL.

Sharon:
Ugly Duckling Socks by Karin Aida.  I used my handspun Rambouillet, so these socks are far from ugly ducklings!


You'll need to watch the podcast to see what Heather made enticed me buy!  Luckily I have a supplier - thanks Juanita!






No comments:

Post a Comment