March 17, 2013

Barely Knitting

I'm going to 'out' myself to my fellow crafters.  Yep, I had a massively busy weekend and knitting, unfortunately didn't happen, but for a good reason.

By now, if you read this blog, you know about my hand situation.  Repetitive motion disorder has about done me in.  Dr. Marianne who tended my sprained finger told me that the other issues I was having with my hands needed a different kind of care and she suggested deep tissue massage.  So I went and had a session with Natalie.  OMG!

She massaged my back and told me to let her know when my pain threshold reached a 7.  It never happened.  I though this deep tissue massage was going to be a bust.  Nothing happened, not a twinge.  Then she had me flip over.

She massaged my neck (pain level 5), my shoulders, (level 6), my arms (level 8!).  While it was happening, my hands went numb, then started to itch.  What the ... ?  She said, "That's your circulation coming back."  Unbelievable!  I love Natalie!

When I left there, I felt like I'd been the punching bag at a boxing ring, but it was the best hour of my life since this whole ordeal started.

The good news - she can help.  The bad news - it's going to take a while.  The way she helped me out, I don't care!  I'd go every week for the rest of my life!

Enough about that.

I was participating in the Single Handed Knits (Mel) KAL and knitting the Hoaloha Sweater, but I didn't get far because one little mistake stopped me dead in my tracks.  Here's how far I got:


I don't remember what the problem was, but I'll figure it out as soon as I do remember.  I'm using Patons Classic Merino and now that the pattern is open to the public, I can tell you that my sweater won't be as long as hers.  Being short means long tops don't work for me.

Mel also has a wonderful blog at www.singlehandedknits.com.  If you haven't see it, have a peek.

Also on the needles is Business Casual, a lovely pattern for socks which I'm working on for the Knitabulls Podcast KAL.  She has a podcast also, and if you're interested, you can see an episode here.  The KAL I'm working on is to make anything using Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock.  So here's my progress on the socks:


I love this pattern.  I love the yarn (Downpour) in their lightweight base.   I love the colors and I think everyone in my family should have a pair of these socks.  (And they will have, if they learn how to knit them.)
There's no doubt I'll make more of these socks as they are my second favorite of all time.

If all goes well, I can stay monogamous and finish these socks in the next day or two so I can get to all the other stuff I started and didn't finish.

After the socks and the sweater are done, I'm going to tackle my WIPs.  For real!

Right now, I'm of to listen to The Fat Squirrel.  She makes me laugh while I knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment