February 12, 2010

I know, I've been out of touch, but I'm back now.  Mainly because family comes first sometimes and because sometimes being there is the most important thing.

Before I get started, I'd like to thank Monika of Smoking Hot Needles fame, for the wonderful gift of CASHMERE! Woo hoo!  Thank you Monika!  Cashmere is the gift that keeps on giving and I am pleased beyond reason or good sense.



Now that my temporary hiatus is over, I'm back just in time for the Winter Olympics.  As if I don't have enough stress in my life - I've challenged myself to start and finish a sweater in 17 days.  I can start when the torch is lit for the Olympics and I must be finished when it goes out.  Oh boy, my poor readers, you are in for it, and I'm so, so sorry.

Here's what I'm talking about.  I have 17 days to turn this ...


... into the Mondo Cable Cardi.  Before I start, I want to apologize for anything I might say or do that makes you frightened to make eye contact with me, that may cause you to hide when you see me coming or that might make you tempted to call 911 and send the police to my house.  I promise you that I will take breaks so I don't go absolutely knitting crazy.

Let me also apologize for any cussing or yelling you my hear coming from my direction.  I may bring up things like my all time solution to knitting problems - gasoline.  My car is currently buried under a mountain of snow (thanks snow plow guys - now that the roads are clear, where can I go in my car?) so I won't be running anything over in my car (I'll throw offending garment in the road in front of the city bus until the snow clears).

There's a lot  more I have to share, but the Olymics starts in 5 minutes and I have to go warm up my needles.

Good luck to everyone who signed up for the knitting competition, and to those who did not sign up but know someone who did - you're GREAT friends to put up with it.

Happy  knitting to all!


3 comments:

  1. You are welcome, and good luck with your cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yarn is beautiful. Have fun with the Olympics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a brave, brave woman. I am merely challenging myself to complete a hat and clear out some UFOs.

    I like bite sized challenges;)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete